I want to begin by extending a huge thank you to everyone who shared their images of spring for the June prompt. If you haven’t seen them click HERE to visit the page, there is an amazing selection of photos! America celebrates their declaration of independence on the 4th July, and although I suspect this year’s celebrations may be subdued it is still an important date in their history. There are many ways in which we can be independent though, and because of this I thought it would make for some interesting posts and photographs.
Independent – meanings.
As with previous months, I the topic I have chosen is open, and I encourage you to let your imagination lead you. Taking a self portrait, for example, is an independent act, for you are acting alone. Below are some definitions from the Oxford dictionary.
- free from outside control; not subject to another’s authority.
- not depending on another for livelihood or subsistence.
- capable of thinking or acting for oneself.
- not influenced by others; impartial.
- not connected with another or with each other; separate.
- not depending on something else for strength or effectiveness; free-standing.
It could be argued that if you are in a relationship you loose your independence, especially if, like me, you have chosen to live a dominant/submissive life. Mr. H makes the majority of decisions it’s true, but I am still able to voice an opinion, in fact Mr. H encourages me to do so.
So, armed with these and remembering that you can apply your own interpretation, I look forward to seeing your compositions.
Add your link to the party!